So, Kristin at Kristin Kraves Books tagged me for this challenge when she said, “I’m tagging anyone who wants to do this tag!” I thought it sounded fun, so here we go!
1. Have you ever re-gifted a book that you’ve been gifted?
Only once. It was The Blue Day Book and believe me, the girl I gave it to needed it more than I did at the time!
2. Have you ever said you’ve read a book when you haven’t?
Totally! But not in a loooooong time. In high school I may (or may not) have written an entire report on Thackeray’s Vanity Fair without ever cracking the cover. You’ll be even more impressed with my deceit when I tell you this was before the ubiquity of the Internet!
3. Have you ever borrowed a book and not returned it?
No….. Though I am guilty of holding on to some for way longer than I should… (I’m looking at you, Jenna. You WILL get that copy of Smoke Gets In Your Eyes back!)
4. Have you ever read a series out of order?
5. Have you ever spoiled a book for someone?
But never on purpose! (I don’t think…)
6. Have you ever doggy eared a book?
Sacrilege! I did that kind of thing as a kid, but I’ve learned a deeper respect for books now. So even if I didn’t always read on a Kindle, I still wouldn’t bend book pages.
7. Have you ever told someone you don’t own a book when you do?
8. Have you ever skipped a chapter or a section of a book?
Ugh. Yes! In Jurassic Park.
Every time it read, “And Ian Malcolm said…” I would skip for several paragraphs or pages. It’s not that I don’t value the message Crichton was teaching through Malcolm. I just didn’t appreciate the way it was delivered. Droning on and on for pages about chaos theory and “nature finding a way” it was so boring! The Spielberg movie summed it up so nicely. Plus, Jeff Goldblum!
9. Have you ever bad mouthed a book you actually liked?
Yup. Twilight for one. Fifty Shades of Grey for another. But let’s be honest, although they are entertaining, the writing on both of these really isn’t that great….
So there you go. All my book-related sins, just out in the open! Like Kristin said, if you’d like to do this tag, consider yourself tagged!