I don’t usually participate in the Top Ten Tuesday tag (hosted by the awesome That Artsy Reader Girl. I love reading them, but I usually have a book or two that I finished over the weekend to review on Tuesday. But I am BEHIND this week! Curse you the last few chapters of The Real Deal!
So, because I hate to miss a day of doling out my opinion to others, I’m sharing my own Top Ten Tuesday. The Top Ten Books of 2018 (so far)!
We’re about halfway through the year and I am ahead on my Goodreads challenge to read 150 books this year – I’m at 92. In no particular order, here are the ten I like the best so far! Looking at this list, can you tell that I’m a sucker for romantic comedies and geeky heroes??? That’s me, alright!
1. King of Code. My first CD Reiss book, but it won’t be my last! So smart. So sexy. So… I gotta make time to read the second installment!
2. Play. I think I’ve gushed over this one quite enough. But it was such a surprise. OK, maybe a little more gushing… Damn, Mal, I love you so! 😉
3. Wait for It. One of my favorite Zapata novels. If I had read Under Locke in 2018, it would have edged this one out, but just barely. This book, I tell ya, I laughed. I cried. I had allllll the feels!
4. Marriage of Inconvenience. How long had I waited for Kat and Dan’s story? It felt like forever, but it was worth the wait. Long live Penny Reid and her wonderful Smartypants Universe!
5. Maybe Someday. Again, I feel like I gush about this book all the time, but it’s freaking awesome. that is all!
(Some of these choices were read before I started blogging very regularly. I’m sorry, I don’t have links to reviews for them. But I’ve given you Goodreads links instead.)
6. Ball Peen Hammer. What a fun ride this book was! Great hero, great cover, great chemistry. To read this book is to love Keane Morgan! ❤
7. It Ends With Us. Who can read a CoHo book without being reduced to a sobbing mess on the floor? No one I need to talk to! Oh, the feels with this one!
8. Birthday Girl. This one I do have a review for! I loved it! Though I still feel a little ashamed to admit that…. LOL
9. Made You Up. I love a book that keeps you guessing. I didn’t know what was real, what was made up, whether I was right side up or upside down! This is one that stuck with me for a while after reading.
10. Geekerella. I just found out there will be a sequel to this and I am so in! It was adorable and the only kind of Cinderella story I care to read – a geeky one! This is a super-cute little YA love story and one of the best books I’ve read this year!
What about you? What are your favorites reads of 2018? Share in the comments!