Thank you, Becky at Velvet Spade Reads, for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award!
The guidelines for this award are straightforward:
- Thank the blogger(s) that nominated you in the post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 8-11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo on your post and/or in your blog.
- If you could get your hands on an ARC of any book coming out (doesn’t even have to be one that is announced yet), what would it be?
- I know I sing the great Penny Reid’s praises often, but it is with good reason. If I could get my hands on any ARC, it would be Dr. Strange Beard because 1. I love her Winston Brothers series sooooo much, 2. Roscoe intrigues me the most of all the brothers and 3. He’s a freaking veterinarian. Ya just gotta love a man who loves animals!
- If you could spend the summer anywhere, where would you go?
- Hmmm…. Anywhere? Then someplace utterly romantic! Like the Greek Isles or the coast of France! I live just an hour and a half from the beach, but I rarely get there. What a waste…. LOL
- You have to sacrifice any book to the bookish Gods, what book do you give them?
- It’s a sacrifice so it has to be one I like then, right? Probably To Kill A Mockingbird, because I think it is the greatest novel ever written. But I’d hate to get rid of my copy… It’s a first edition that belonged to my mother. So… maybe I can switch to another great? John Green’s Looking for Alaska? I put way too much thought into these things… LOL
- If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what would you pick?
- Romance. Definitely. I used to HATE romance novels. I would actually look down my nose at people who read them. But now I can’t live without them! It’s not a sex thing (though I do love a little heat in my fiction). They always have a happy ending and leave me feeling hopeful about life. And they often make me LAUGH! Plus, there’s the sex… haha!
- What is the least favorite job you’ve ever had?
- Ugh! I used to work at the Disney Store in the mall! Retail is bad enough, but the music! I think I have too much anxiety to work in such a crowded store with so many kids…. And the rules — too many rules for me. It was almost enough to make me hate the entire Disney Universe!
- What is the best job you’ve ever had?
- I used to volunteer at the National Air & Space Museum in their Stars Wars exhibit! That was AMAZING! I also really like the one I have now. I work in the Marketing Department of our local hospital and I get to write a lot and manage their social media accounts.
- How do you feel about camping?
- It’s not really for me. This is going to make me sound totally high maintenance, but hey, the truth hurts. I need daily showers. And I don’t like to get dirty and I HATE bugs! For me, I’m outdoorsy in that I like to drink wine on the back porch!
- What is your favorite summer time drink?
- Beer! I love a good grapefruit shandy or an ice cold lager. The colder the better.
- You’re borrowing your best friends time machine for a day – where would you go?
- My bestie would have a time machine! I’d like to go back to high school. I’d like to find the 15-year-old me and tell her not to worry so much about what other people think of her. That she was pretty great and not to be so shy. Wait. Maybe I should go back five minutes and tell the modern me that too! LOL
- If you could only use one form of social media, which would you pick?
- Probably Facebook. I appreciate Insta a lot. I love looking at photos but I need words to express myself and a lot of them so Twitter won’t work either! Plus I don’t really “get” Twitter. Does anybody get Twitter? Somebody explain Twitter to me!
- Got any real summer plans?
- Not as many as I’d like, but my Fall is heating up! My fiance and I are saving up to get married in March so we’re sticking close to home this summer. So, I guess my biggest plans would be to close on the purchase of my very first home! OMG, when did I get OLD?!?
Again, if tags aren’t your thing, don’t feel like you have to participate. These are just a few of the bloggers I’d like to learn a little more about!
- Coffeeholic Bookworm
- Book Dragon Lair
- The Mystique Reader
- Pages and Pugs
- Sue’s Reading Corner
- A Very Bookish Girl
- In Love and Words (and Bree, I apologize! I know you nominated me for this a while ago but I had no clue what I was doing then! LOL I’m STILL learning….)
- Books and Blends
- Elaine Howlin
- If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the genre be?
- How did you get into blogging?
- Do you like to travel? Show me your best travel photo!
- You’re having dinner with three authors — who is coming to dinner? (And please invite me! LOL)
- What brings you the most joy in life?
- It’s girls’ night! Just you and your bestie…. What’s for dinner?
- What is your spirit animal?
- What’s your favorite quote (from a book, song, movie, etc.)?
- Have any pets?
- Do you have any shows you binge watch?
- If you had the chance to live your dream – where would you be and what would you do?
Thanks for the nomination, Becky! And thank you in advance to those who choose to participate; I can’t wait to read more about you!